Monday, July 15, 2019

Poetic Seduction

Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines poetry as "writing that formulates a concentrated imaginative awareness of experience in language chosen and arranged to create a specific emotional response through meaning, sound, and rhythm".


No, I am not writing poetry here. Nor do I urge one to compare my erotica prose to the defined build and constructed beauty of poetry. However, I do believe this definition leaves us wiggle room to look at well-crafted erotica with a tint of the poetic. My writing aims to bring you into the seduction of the moment. I want the reader to feel the whisper of touch on the tender skin of yearning, see the depth of a man when the longing of flesh strips away his arrogance, feel the power of a woman unleashed by arousal. I want to provoke your desires with a pause, a sigh, words written on the page in a rhythm of temptation, longing, and satisfaction. 

I write the fantasies that arouse me. With these tales, I intend to dive into the deepest sinews of instinct where culture and religion and shame do not exist. In this place, I hope to remind us that coming together with another human, in desire and longing, respect and sometimes even love, is a powerful and liberating experience.

No, I am not writing poetry here. But perhaps if you follow the temptation, you'll find yourself spent in a fog of tantalizing imaginings and satisfying endings.

This blog is my journey to writing erotica.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Sexy Reveal

Life Art: The Reveal is published! (Okay, it has been for a while but it took me a bit to get to this blog post). So here is a teaser from ...