Saturday, July 27, 2019

What turns you on?

As I dive deeper into the world of writing erotica, new questions are arising. I had intended to write short erotica. However, as I write my first series of Eleanor and The Healer, I find myself more involved with the characters; their backstories, their future, and how they all relate to each other.

The sexy scenes in this series are hot. I don't shy from the ways that lovers pleasure each other. But is this all you, the reader, want? Is it enough to flow from sex scene to sex scene with a brief development of the plot weaving them together? Or would you like to plunge deeper into the depths of their humanity; their desires, their frustrations?

Does too much plot interrupt the purpose of reading short erotic romance? Or do you need the plot to really appreciate when lovers do find each other in gardens, on desktops, and in unfamiliar beds?

I want to write what you want to read, the words that will urge your hand to drift down between your legs or seek out another willing body to explore. What kind of erotic romance do you like to read?

What turns you on?

Please feel free to comment below with any insights or suggestions. I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Sexy Reveal

Life Art: The Reveal is published! (Okay, it has been for a while but it took me a bit to get to this blog post). So here is a teaser from ...